CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Featured Artist: Sarah Crawmer

Well it's time for my very first featured artist and I'm proud to have it be Sarah Crawmer! Sarah is the artist behind Beautiful Isolations Photography, which I am a HUGE fan of! She is extremely talented and not to mention GORGEOUS!! You can find her at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahcrawmer/
http://beautifulisolationsphoto.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/x_make_believe_x


Here's her interview:
Tell us a little about youself (Name, Location, Education, Personal Stuff)
My name is Sarah Crawmer and am currently located in Pittsburg, KS attending Pittsburg State University. I am majoring in Commercial Art with an Emphasis in Photography. When I am not attending school I am either back in Clay Center,KS or Manhattan, KS seeing my family.
Some personal things about me...I have a strange obsession with owls.
When did you first become an artist?
I have always love arts and crafts since I was very young. Around 12 I started to take an interest in photography. I started taking photographs of everything with my parents Minolta camera. I felt like a professional every time I would take pictures with that camera. I still have some of the photos I took...they are terrible haha! It wasn't until the summer of 2005 that my photography really took off. I got a Nikon D50 and every since I have been shooting like crazy!!! It is truly my passion and I want to do it the rest of my life.

Where do you find inspiration?
First and foremost God. He keeps me going everyday! I find a lot of inspiration through other photographers. I also find inspiration through my surroundings. I always am looking for different places to shoot. Whether it is somewhere downtown, or out in the country by an abandoned house. Once I find a setting I start thinking of the shoot and props and such to go along with it. I also get inspired when I am thrift shopping. There are always unique things that I could use in my photos!

What are some of your favorite movies, books, songs/musicians, websites?
I never get tired of Wayne's World 1&2 and Anchorman.
My new favorite movies of the moment are Across The Universe and Juno.
But my all time favorite will always be the French movie Amelie.
I love the PostSecret books by Frank Warren.
Eisley will always hold a special place in my heart. I am a sucker for Damien Rice, Jack Johnson, The Beatles, Sia, Feist, Cat Power, Kimya Dawson, The Hush Sound, Bright Eyes....to just name a few =)
When I get online...I go to Facebook, then Myspace, then Flickr. It is like a ritual and quite pathetic haha... I like browsing photos on Flickr also!
How do you promote your work?
The biggest way I have really gotten my work out (so far) is by having my photography up on Facebook, Myspace, Flickr, and my blog. I have gotten a lot of clients just by word of mouth also.

Where would you like to be in 10 years?
Hopefully I will be married =) and my photography will be in full bloom! I really don't mind where I end up, but my dream is to have a studio of my own downtown with large windows and lots of clients!






2 comments:

Lyndsay Almeida said...

I love Sarah's work! Great interview!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for having me on your blog Kim =) This is lovely and so are YOU! God bless!